Portable steam cleaners work great at removing stubborn dirt grime from hardwood or carpeted floors. Unfortunately, many of the steam mops available for sale only come with the sole use of floor cleaning. This narrow use makes them a little extraneous to own.
Luckily, brands have started offering machines with more than one use. The Shark Lift-Away Pro Steam Pocket Mop is one such product.
But does the machine live up to the positive user reviews it received? In this Shark steam cleaner review, we will find out if the product lives up to the user hype. But first, let us take a look at what the product is and how it functions.
What is a Shark Steam Cleaner?
The Shark Lift-Away Pro Steam Pocket Mop is a hard floor cleaner that features a hybrid handheld cleaner feature. In terms of floors, the product can handle any sealed floor material. This feature means it can clean things laminate, marble, hardwood, tile, and stone.
The company uses a washable pad on their product that grips dirt for a thorough clean. However, the real versatility in the product comes from the removable handheld feature.
If you want to clean tough to reach places or above-ground areas, then you can remove the central component of the product.
This handheld portion can clean things like countertops, steam vents and curtains. It also features attachments that let you iron the wrinkles out of stubborn types of clothes.
Shark Steam Cleaner Product Specifications
Now that we know a little more about the general function of the Shark Lift-Away Pro Steam Pocket Mop let us explore some of the specifications that come with the product. The steam cleaner weighs around five pounds and reaches fifty-one inches in height.
It includes a steam blaster function for powering off dried stains and messes. You can choose between three different steam settings when you use the product. In terms of water capacity, the Shark Lift-Away Pro Steam Pocket Mop holds around five hundred millilitres of water.
The power cord on the device reaches a length of twenty-two feet which makes it slightly longer than past models. The product comes with one microfiber pad when you order it.
While the pad is machine washable, you will probably want to order more of them since they get dirty fairly quickly. The company provides a one-year limited warranty on the product.
This warranty covers most issues related to defective products. However, it does not cover normal wear and tears on the steam cleaner mop.
- 2-in-1 steam pocket mop with Removable handheld steamer for above-floor cleaning
- Intelli-mop head with touch-free pad attach and release technology
- Steam blaster blasts stuck-on messes
- Dual-sided dirt grip pads
- 3 levels of Intelligent steam control to easily dust, mop and scrub. Machine wash Dirt Grip pads separately with warm water and liquid detergent. Avoid bleach and fabric softeners
Five hundred millilitres
Power cord length
Number of microfiber pads
All sealed hard floors
One-year limited warranty
Where to Purchase the Shark Steam Cleaner
You can find the Shark Lift-Away Pro Steam Pocket Mop at the company’s website located at this link here, or a variety of online retailers.
Alternatively, you can find the steam cleaner mop at many national store chains — either online or in-person. You can find the Shark Lift-Away Pro Steam Pocket Mop at Walmart, Bed Bath & Beyond, Kohls, Target, and Best Buy.
How Shark Steam Cleaner Compares with Other Brands
In this section of the Shark steam cleaner review, we compare the Shark Steam Pocket Mop Hard Floor Cleaner with two other popular products. Specifically, we compare it with the LIGHT ‘N’ EASY All-In-One Steam Mop and the Pursteam Steam Mop Cleaner ThermaPro 10-in-1.
We make these comparisons so we can better evaluate the strengths and weaknesses associated with the Shark brand. They also give customers some helpful alternatives.
- Steam Mop
- Steam Cleaner
- Detaches into a separate handheld steam cleaner for multi-purpose cleaning: garment wrinkle remover, upholstery refresher, bathroom/kitchen deep cleaning.
- On-demand HI, MED and LOW steam settings fit for various floors surface: marble, tile, grout, ceramic, stone, vinyl, laminate, and sealed wood flooring.
- Utilizes 110°C hot steam to remove stains and sticky mess while drying quickly. Work with distilled or tap water, great for all homes with pets and babies.
The LIGHT ‘N’ EASY All-In-One Steam Mop offers a similar amount of versatility as the Shark steam cleaner. It features a clean steam mop that can transform into a handheld product that can handle curtains, counters-tops and garments.
The product costs a little less than the Shark Steam but offers the same product. You can learn more about the product by visiting the link included here.
Ease of Use
The LIGHT ‘N’ EASY All-In-One Steam Mop works well as an everyday steam cleaner. The process of navigating it around the house is not too complicated. But, you will need to sweep any debris before you begin cleaning with it.
The LIGHT ‘N’ EASY All-In-One Steam Mop comes fully assembled so you can use it right out of the box with no assembly.
The one area that the LIGHT ‘N’ EASY All-In-One Steam Mop falls short is the build quality. The product does not work as well as a handheld steamer and ironer. The cloth padding material that comes with the steam mop is also noticeably worse than the Shark brand.
However, it does score some points for lasting longer than some of the cheaper brands out there. If you want a steamer with a long life, then you can trust these brands.
The LIGHT ‘N’ EASY All-In-One Steam Mop comes with a one-year quality warranty. It also features a twenty-four-hour help-service. So, if you have any questions about the device, then feel free to ask a representative.
- 340ml / 11.5 ounce reservoir. CLEANS LITERALLY EVERYTHING! Nobody likes cleaning! But with the help of the ThermaPro 10-in-1 Steam Mop you can clean the whole house more quickly and easily, making it cleaner and fresher than ever! Clean a lot more than floors with the built-in handheld steam cleaner, or use the flexible hose to put the cleaning power of steam in the palm of your hand. Works great as floor Steam Mop, Carpet Cleaner, steam cleaner, handheld garment steamer window, mirror & glass cleaner & much more.
- CHILD & PET SAFE - PROVIDES 99.99% SANITATION WITH NO HARSH CHEMICALS! Super-heated steam is ready in 30 seconds and kills up to 99.99% of germs without the use of harsh chemicals keeping your loved ones safe. Best steam cleaner for tile & hardwood, cleaning with no chemicals, leaves the floors looking new and really clean. Comes with special surface scrubber, providing versatile cleaning from Top to Bottom. Ideal for Glass, Sealed Stone, Stainless Steel, and Sealed Tile/Grout.
- LIGHT AND MANEUVERABLE. 3 Adjustable modes help you cater the mop's steam level to your specific needs. That's especially important when you're trying to preserve your hardwood floors finish. The steam cleaner 's 340ml / 11.5Oz reservoir is good for 20-25 minutes of steaming on the lowest setting, or half of that on the maximum setting. One real bonus is that it uses tap water alone to steam off dirt, eliminating the need to buy pricey detergent.
- TO BE HAPPY. We are confident that our steam mops are manufactured under the strictest quality standards to give our customers the very best experience possible. PurSteam is the leading brand in steaming and we back ALL of our products! We offer a FREE REPLACEMENT POLICY without any costs from your side and 2-YEAR , totally risk free for you!
If you thought the hybrid nature of the Shark Steam Pocket Mop Hard Floor Cleaner was impressive, then get ready for the Pursteam Steam Mop Cleaner ThermaPro 10-in-1. As the name suggests, the product comes with ten different uses.
Notably, you can clean hard floor, carpet, clothing garments, mirrors, glass and more. On top of all of this, the product also costs a good deal less than the previous two products. But does it perform these features well? Or does the low price reflects in the quality of the product?
You can learn more about the product yourself by checking out the link here.
Ease of Use
The Pursteam Steam Mop Cleaner ThermaPro 10-in-1 is a little bulkier than the other products on this list, but it still handles just as well. The handheld portion detaches from the base quickly, and the spray of mist that comes out of the device remains consistent and regular throughout cleaning.
You do need to assemble the Pursteam Steam Mop Cleaner ThermaPro 10-in-1, but the process is incredibly easy, and anyone can do it without tools. Altogether it takes around five minutes to figure out how to assemble it.
While the affordable price of the Pursteam Steam Mop Cleaner ThermaPro 10-in-1 might seem attractive, it does stumble quite a bit in terms of quality.
For one thing, it features a much smaller reservoir than the other two models so you will need to refill it much more often. The material also breaks down quickly so you should not expect it to last as long as the other two more expensive models on this list.
The Pursteam Steam Mop Cleaner ThermaPro 10-in-1 comes with a two-year warranty on the device. You also get a free replacement policy if you receive a defective product.
Pros and Cons
In this section, we talk about some of the things we like about the Shark Lift-Away Pro Steam Pocket Mop and some of the things we think the company could improve. We use both our observations as well as user comments, so we get a more objective view of the product.
One great thing about the Shark Lift-Away Pro Steam Pocket Mop is the general cleaning attributes associated with the product. In terms of effectiveness against mildly dirty floors, the product works great. It leaves a reflective shine that makes floors look brand new.
The cord length is also a notable improvement since it gives you a little more freedom to move about the room without plugging into a different outlet. However, the real versatility comes from the multiple features.
Not only can you clean floors, but you can also handle counters, curtains and ironing. Compared to the other steamers on this list the Shark Lift-Away Pro Steam Pocket Mop also features a much larger water reservoir tank.
This feature means you can steam for a more extended period without changing the water. Finally, the steam mop does a good job of warming up quickly. It only takes thirty seconds after plugging the product in before you can use it.
Unfortunately, the product is not perfect. For one thing, the process of setting up the Shark Lift-Away Pro Steam Pocket Mop takes a lot of time. It is a pain getting the padding on the bottom, and bulky product refuses to stand up on its own.
We also noticed that it does not work as well on more stubborn stains. While it performs a pretty good general clean do not expect it to fix built-in grime.
Also, many customers that bought their product of third party sellers like Amazon reported that they received their orders with missing parts. As such, we recommend going through an official outlet like the company website.
Shark Steam Cleaner Review Conclusion
In our opinion, the Shark Lift-Away Pro Steam Pocket Mop offers a dependable and versatile product for everyday cleaning. We love all the added features that make it more than a traditional steam cleaner.
However, we would urge customers to lower some of their expectations in terms of what it can do. If you expect the Shark Lift-Away Pro Steam Pocket Mop to clean filthy floors that have deep and stubborn stains magically, then you will be disappointed.
Other flaws come with the device too, but for the most part, the pros outweigh the cons. As such, we give it a final rating of four stars out of five stars.
We hope this Shark steam cleaner review helped you decide whether or not the product fits your needs. In our opinion, it is a dependable all-around product. Good luck with cleaning your floors!